Are you coming to the Oral History Association of Australia Conference?
This years theme is Communities of Memory as seen but the some of the topics to be considered.
- Memory and Catastrophe
- Memory Work for Human Rights
- Indigenous Memory Place
- Community, Memory
- Communities of Identity
- Contested Communities
- Communities of Gender and Sexuality
- Migrants and Refugees
- Communities of Work or Leisure
- Activist Communities
- War Memories
- Generational Communities
- Theories of Collective and Community Memory
- New Approaches to Recording Lives
- New Technologies for Documenting Memory and History
- Memory Work in Creative and Fictional Writing
- Ethical Issues in Memory Work
- Training Community Oral Historians
More information is available at the organisers site.
Along with a range of speakers will be Helen Klaebe who we heard from on a recent episode on, Saying Sorry in the 21st Century: Public Apologies in a Digital World.