Record Your Life Story on Soundcloud
Lets keep it simple and just start with the basics.
Too often we over-think things, including our never commenced Life Story. So here’s an exercise to get you started now!
Just do this, then continue day by day, step by step… Then see how you feel.
Your Life Story can seem overwhelming but it’s simply answering variations on these basic questions, over and over again, as many times as are necessary, to eventually cover everything you wish to mention.
- Who are you?
- What have you done?
- Where have you been?
- When did you have those experiences?
- How did things turned out?
- Why did you do things this way?
Record a story and see how easy it is…
Do this now!
Don’t think, just give it a shot! What have you got to lose? And you’ll gain a lot from the experience.
- Choose a single topic from your life, just one…
- Think of a specific time that represents this topic…
- What is significant about that occasion? Lesson, experience?
- Remember the events of that experience. The story…
- Feel it. Take your mind back and feel the emotions of that time and place.
- There is no rush, take your time.
- Take a deep breath.
- Close your eyes,
- …and tell me about that experience and what you went through.
Sign up here on SoundCloud (it’s free) and click on the
record button to record the audio to your personal account.
There’s no rush, take as long as you like and just tell me the story that you’re now feeling…
Don’t pause and keep moving
It’ll only takes a moment to sign up with SoundCloud and tell this story into the microphone that is most likely built into your computer, in front of you. Don’t stress, this is all about practice but if you do it regularly (attempt 5 times a week) you’ll end up by default recording the stories of your life, in small bite size pieces.